MIP Faculty Resources
Find useful information for MIP faculty below.
Courses and Instruction
These resources will used to create, modify, and schedule courses for the 2020-21 Academic Year. Please note that all course information must be submitted to the Registrar's Office by the relevant deadlines posted below. The MIP Instructor Handbook, which will be updated for AY 2020-2021, contains details on things like course policies, the syllabus, exams, and student privacy and support resources.
Course units are particularly important since they cannot be changed once a given quarter opens for enrollment (September 1, 2020 for Fall Quarter; December 6, 2020, for Winter Quarter; February 28, 2021, for Spring Quarter).
If you need the password to access the MIP Instructor Handbook and/or have questions, please contact Jonathan Achter (650.725.9155) or Meghan Moura (650.725.9075) in the program office.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Axess Opens for Course Enrollment:
- Autumn Quarter - Tuesday, September 1, 2020
- Winter Quarter - Sunday, December 6, 2020
- Spring Quarter - Sunday, February 28, 2021
First Day of the Academic Quarter:
- Autumn Quarter - Monday, September 14, 2020
- Winter Quarter - Monday, January 11, 2021
- Spring Quarter - Monday, March 29, 2021
- Autumn Quarter - Tuesday, December 8, 2020 by 11:59 pm
- Winter Quarter - Monday, March 29, 2021 by 11:59 pm
- Spring Quarter - Thursday, June 7, 2021 by 11:59 pm (for graduating students) or Tuesday, June 15, 2021 by 11:59 pm (for non-graduating students)
Course Information Forms for Instructors
Please use one of the following forms to submit details on your course. If your course is team-taught, please identify one lead instructor to serve as the point person. If easier, please use the form as a guide and submit the details via email to Jonathan Achter.
Center for Teaching and Learning
Center for Teaching and Learning Consultation Request Form
Learning Technologies and Spaces
New Instructor Policies and Guidelines (School of Humanities and Sciences)
Canvas (Electronic course management system)
Instructor Quick Guide for IT
Registrar's Office - Faculty Page (useful guidance on courses, grading, and policy)
Axess (Stanford's main information portal; includes employee and teaching information)
Stanford ID Card Services
Academic Calendar (AY2020-21)
Explore Degrees (University Bulletin)
Explore Degrees (International Policy academic and other details)
Explore Courses (Course catalog)
Stanford Copyright and Fair Use Policy