MIP Faculty Resources
Find useful information for MIP faculty below.
Courses and Instruction
These resources will used to create, modify, and schedule courses. Please note that all course information must be submitted to the Registrar's Office by the relevant deadlines posted below. The MIP Instructor Handbook, which will be updated in late summer for AY 2021-2022, contains details on things like course policies, the syllabus, exams, and student privacy and support resources.
Course units are particularly important since they cannot be changed once a given quarter opens for enrollment (September 1, 2021 for Autumn Quarter; December 1, 2021 for Winter Quarter; March 1, 2022 for Spring Quarter).
If you need the password to access the MIP Instructor Handbook and/or have questions, please contact Jonathan Achter (650.725.9155) or Cheng Huynh in the program office.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Axess Opens for Course Enrollment:
- Autumn Quarter - Wednesday, September 1, 2021
- Winter Quarter - Wednesday, December 1, 2021
- Spring Quarter - Tuesday, March 1, 2022
First Day of the Academic Quarter:
- Autumn Quarter - Monday, September 20, 2021
- Winter Quarter - Monday, January 3, 2022
- Spring Quarter - Monday, March 28, 2022
- Autumn Quarter - Tuesday, December 14, 2021 by 11:59 pm
- Winter Quarter - Monday, March 22, 2022 by 11:59 pm
- Spring Quarter - Thursday, June 10, 2022 by 11:59 pm (for graduating students) or Tuesday, June 14, 2022 by 11:59 pm (for non-graduating students)
Course Information Forms for Instructors
Please use one of the following forms to submit details on your course. If your course is team-taught, please identify one lead instructor to serve as the point person. If easier, please use the form as a guide and submit the details via email to Jonathan Achter.
New Course Information Form
Course Update Form (course has previously been offered)
Center for Teaching and Learning
Center for Teaching and Learning Consultation Request Form
Learning Technologies and Spaces
New Instructor Policies and Guidelines (School of Humanities and Sciences)
Canvas (Electronic course management system)
Instructor Quick Guide for IT
Registrar's Office - Faculty Page (useful guidance on courses, grading, and policy)
Axess (Stanford's main information portal; includes employee and teaching information)
Stanford ID Card Services
Academic Calendar (AY2020-21)
Academic Calendar (AY2021-22)
Explore Degrees (University Bulletin)
Explore Degrees (International Policy academic and other details)
Explore Courses (Course catalog)
Stanford Copyright and Fair Use Policy