Strengthening Sanctions against the Russian Federation
Friday, April 29, 2022
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM (Pacific)
Online, via Zoom
Michael McFaul, director of Stanford's Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies, and several other members of the International Working Group on Russian Sanctions will speak about and answer questions about the group's new white paper, "Action Plan on Strengthening Sanctions against the Russian Federation." The event will begin with brief presentations from these speakers, followed by comments from other members:
- Sergei Guriev, Professor of Economics at Sciences Po Paris and former Chief Economist at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.z
- Edward Fishman, former Russia and Europe Lead at the U.S. Department of State Office of Economic Sanctions Policy and Implementation and Member of the Secretary of State’s Policy Planning Staff.
- Daniel Fried, former State Department Sanctions Coordinator and Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs.
- Iryna Mudra, Chief Compliance Officer at the State Savings Bank of Ukraine.
- Natalia Shapoval, Vice President for Policy Research at the Kyiv School of Economics.
- Dr. Benjamin Schmitt, Project Development Scientist at Harvard University, Senior Fellow for Democratic Resilience at the Center for European Policy Analysis and Rethinking Diplomacy Fellow at Duke University.
The International Working Group on Russian Sanctions
Our working group of independent, international experts aims to provide expertise and experience to governments and companies around the world by assisting with the formulation of sanctions proposals that will increase the cost to Russia of invading Ukraine, and support democratic Ukraine in the defense of its territorial integrity and national sovereignty.Learn more