1. Q: I am not sure I am eligible for the program.
3. Q: What are the dates for the 2020-21 program?
A: Sunday, September 13, 2020 - Sunday, June 20, 2021
4. Q: What if I cannot attend the entire length of the program?
A: It is required that all fellows attend for the entire duration of the program. You must check with your employer to make sure that you can take ten months away from your responsibilities to attend the program. No exceptions will be made.
5. Q: I would like to bring my family with me to Stanford. Will the program accommodate them?
A: Yes. In addition to the stipend that will be awarded to fellows, they will receive support for books, relocation expenses, and the cost of visa fees and travel to and from Ukraine.
6. Q: What are the deadlines for the application process?
A: The pre-screen application is due by January 22, 2020, 5:00pm PST.
7. Q: If I applied last year can I reuse my application?
A: Please fill out the pre-screen questionnaire and indicate whether you would like us to carry over your application components from the previous year. If you are advanced to the second round and you have indicated that you would like us to carry over your application, we will do so.
8. Q: I have unreliable or inconsistent Internet access in my home country and cannot submit an electronic application. Would it be possible to submit a paper application?
A: Yes. If you send us a fax number, we are happy to fax you a hard copy of the form. We are unfortunately unable to receive and send hard copies of the applications by mail. You can contact us at email@example.com
to make this inquiry.
9. Q: I submitted my application form, but want to make a change. Can I re-access it?
A: It is not possible to draw up either form to edit or revise. It is very important that you make sure your application forms are complete to your liking before submitting them in the system.
10. Q: I was typing into the application form, and it cut me off mid-sentence. What is the problem?
A: Our application system has a word count limit and will track your word count for you on the form. It is important that applicants be concise in answering questions, so please focus on the most important points that you want to convey.
11. Q: My CV is longer than three pages, will the system accept it?
A: Your CV should be no longer than three pages in length and contain the information outlined in the pre-screen guidelines
. The program team will not review CVs longer than three pages in length. They must be uploaded as an MS Document (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf). All other file types will not be accepted.
12. Q: Can I submit recommendation letters during the pre-screen?
A: No. We will not read recommendation letters during this stage. If you are invited to apply through the full application, please submit recommendation letters at that time.
13. Q: I was not accepted during the pre-screen. Will I find out why?
A: Due to the high volume of applications received, the program will not be able to follow up with each individual applicant concerning their application.
14. Q: I was not selected during the pre-screen. Can I still apply?
No. Only invited applicants will be able to apply with the full application.
15. Q: Can I reapply to the program next year if I was not accepted this year?
A: Yes, you can re-apply provided you meet the core criteria. Many applicants decide to re-apply once they have gained more professional experience and can benefit and contribute more fully to the program. The ideal candidate has over five years of professional experience in a relevant sector of democracy, development, and the rule of law.
16. Q: How will I know when my application is complete and ready to be reviewed by the committee?
A: The system will send you an email message when your application file is complete.
17. Q: When will I find out if my application was successful?
A: We will inform applicants of the status of their application by the end of February 2020. Please do not follow-up with the program team before that time concerning the status of your application.
We wish you the best of luck in the process and thank you for your interest in the program.